I am a lecturer in biostatistics in the CHICAS research group at Lancaster University. I am interested in statistical machine learning and how it can be applied in biosciences and epidemiology. I hold a fellowship from the MRC in biostatistics.
I helped create GPy, a python package for developing Gaussian process models. I also created GPClust, a package for clustering time series models using GPs, Dirichlet processes and variational Bayes. Right now I am working on GPflow, a Gaussian process library based on TensorFlow.
- 2015 - present Lecturer in Biostatistics, Lancaster University
- 2013 - present MRC career development research fellow in biostatistics
- 2011 - 2013 Postdoc with Neil Lawrence and Magnus Rattray, Sheffield Institute for Translational Neuroscience (SITraN)
- 2010 - 2011 EPSRC doctoral prize research fellow, Dynamics research group, Mechanical engineering, University of Sheffield
- 2009 - 2010 Postdoc at the Politecnico di Torino with Cecilia Surace and Marco Gherlone.
I am looking for PhD candidates with good skills in maths and computing: contact me.