I am a senior machine learning scientist at PROWLER.io. I am interested in statistical machine learning and its role in autonomous systems.
Previously I was a lecturer in the CHICAS research group at Lancaster University and a
visiting researcher at Manchester University with Magnus Rattray. Before that I worked at Sheffield University with Neil Lawrence, after completing a PhD with Keith Worden.
With Nicolas Durrande and Arno Solin I developed some methods for spectral approximation of Gaussian processes. This works really well when your problem is low dimensional, or has additive structure. We wrote quite a long arXiv paper here and you can grab the code here.
- 2017 - present Senior machine learning scientist at PROWLER.io
- 2015 - 2017 Lecturer in Biostatistics, Lancaster University
- 2013 - 2017 MRC career development research fellow in biostatistics
- 2011 - 2013 Postdoc with Neil Lawrence and Magnus Rattray, Sheffield Institute for Translational Neuroscience (SITraN)
- 2010 - 2011 EPSRC doctoral prize research fellow, Dynamics research group, Mechanical engineering, University of Sheffield
- 2009 - 2010 Postdoc at the Politecnico di Torino with Cecilia Surace and Marco Gherlone.